You definitely would have seen people using this effect on their Instagram pictures and wondered how did they do it. It is not as difficult as it looks. Today, I will tell you how to use the dispersion effect on any of your pictures using the Picsart app. If you don’t have the app, go download it from these links!
- The first step is to install the application on your phone.
- Coming to the second, choose the picture to which you want to apply the effect wisely. The subject in the photograph should stand out from the background to ensure that the dispersion is visible as clearly as possible. A plain background is the best that you can have for this effect.
- Open the picture to edit in Picsart.
- On the bottom menu, you’ll see ‘Tools’ in the second position. Click on it.
- A small menu box pops up. The 4th tool in the first is the dispersion tool you have to select.
- Now you will see a slider at the bottom using which you can resize the brush. Apply the brush on the area you want to get dispersed. Don’t go too far in as it will disintegrate the subject too much to be identifiable.
- After this, you have 5 further tools available to refine the dispersion effect. They are Stretch, Size, Direction, Fade and Blend mode.
- Stretch determines to how far will the dispersed pixels will spread.
- Size determines the size of the pixels that’ll be dispersed.
- Direction determines in which direction will they be spread.
- Fade determines how opaque you want the effect to be.
- And finally, the blend mode lets you choose how the effect will blend in with the original picture.
Now that you have learned how to add the dispersion effect to your pictures, Go ahead and try them out on your own and post them with the #garimashares on Instagram so that I can feature those here in this post! Also, here are some examples of the dispersion effect I did on my photographs:
SUBSCRIBE TO GET FRESH CONTENT RIGHT IN YOUR MAILBOX