The ingredients you’ll be needing are :
- Chopped tomatoes and onions (one each)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste
- 3 cups of rice (for 3 people)
- Chopped vegetables like potato, peas, mushroom, broccoli, beans, carrot, cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons of curd
- 2 cardamoms
- 4-5 cloves
- Regular spices (salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry garam masala)
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 leaf of cassia
Begin with adding 5-6 tablespoons of refined oil in the cooker
Wait till the oil heats up, then add cinnamon, 2 cardamoms, 4-5 cloves, 1/2 tablespoon of cumin and one leaf of cassia. Sauté for about 15-20 seconds and then add chopped onions.
Wait till the onion turns light brown and then add 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste. Mix thoroughly. Add all the chopped vegetables including tomatoes and 3 tablespoons of curd.
Now, put 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/4th teaspoon of red chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of Biryani powder.
Sauté till the vegetables are nicely brown.
Add the same amount of water as that of rice i.e, 3 cups of water for 3 cups of rice. If you’re cooking in an open utensil, then use double the amount of water to that of rice.
When the cooker has whistled once, sim the burner and after 5-7 minutes turn it off. Chop some coriander for garnishing.
Enjoy while still hot!